Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electrical engin management light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electrical engin management light

Hello All

I'm new to this forum.
Looking on the internet to get an idea of what might be wrong with my little clio as the garages seem to have no frigging clue!!

And hey presto i found your forum. I'd be ever so grateful for any advise offered.

A little back ground info.
My clio is the late 2001 model. 5 door. 1.2 engin and 16 valves.

A week ago (during a heavy rain storm day) my cars electric light came on on the engin management display.

What happens is when i am queueing in slow moving traffic and my car is ticking over the engin seems to suddenly struggle and lose power, the light comes on. As i've been queueing in traffic i've managed to sort this priblem out a few times by quickly restarting the car but it keeps happening and then going away.

Its an intermittent problem. The annoying thing is that when ever i take it to a garage. They run a diagnostic with their computer and it seems to be a different problem each time. But i know from the way it occurs its the same problem. Often as the problem comes and goes i think the mechanics at the garage feel that the car is fine.

I know otherwise.

This is really starting to worry me and makes me nervous about driving the car as it can happen at any time. So far its been when i am queueing in traffic. When i am whizzing along its fine.

Anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone had this happen to them? I'm now fed up being messed about by garages.

Thanks for your time everyone

Currently in space_age_jelly_head's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 16v

Last edited by space_age_jelly_head; 9th October 2007 at 01:00 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by space_age_jelly_head
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Electrical engin management light Electronics Asterix 3 978 9th October 2007 12:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome