Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello all

Sixteen valve vanessa i have to say i've the same car and the exact same problems as you with my clio.

It's freaking me reading all the worries on this forum. My car has been having problems on and off for 2 weeks now. I'm not sure if the weather effects it or not. But it seems to occur when i'm in slow moving traffic.

I've had my car diagnosed 3 times now with various different results, i've had my break pedel sensor fixed to the tune of 55 but was also advised that it could be a plug or switch on my ignition/throttle system.

Its a problem that seems to happen at random. It'll run fine for a few days then one morning coming into work i will have problems. Restarting the car seems to fix it for a short while but my engin revs virtually die off then they come back and over rev then they die off again.

My engin management light comes on all the time (the electral fault one) but when i take it to a garage the light has turned itself off and the car is running ok again. I'm sure my garage think i'm making it up.

I am seriously worried at how bad this problem might actually be. I've had the car since July bought 2nd hand. Mine is a late 2001 model 16v 1.2

Have Renault or Watchdog got back to anyone about this?

Has anyone resolved their problem and how???

I'm seriously regretting buying this car now but i guess i am stuck with it.

I'd love to hear back from you all. I'm shocked at how many people are having the same problem.
Currently in space_age_jelly_head's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome