Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #53 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Electrical Gremlins

I have been reading the posts here and i have had experience of similar faults with other manufacturers and yes, all the usual suspects have been listed...many in my experience may be Bosch parts and there often just seems to be something hookey with MAF 's etc in general!

An obvious point which i always consider with random electrical problems is the health of the battery/alt in the car, as sudden voltage drops can always lead to electrical gremlins! Have people tried swapping batteries round?

I have also come across vehicles where blocked EGR valves and sticky throttle butterflies give similar symptons. Do these Clio's have fly by wire throttles or mechanical ones? If they are mechanical has anybody tried opening the butterfly and spraying in a load of carb cleaner?

Also what are the air intake systems on Clio's like for perished hoses and air leaks? any air leak in the system would throw off the MAF and MAP readings therefore confusing the ECU .

Are these problems with the cars cutting out also accompanied by bouncing or kangarooing revs? Are the symptons worse when dipping the clutch in 1st gear such as when at traffic lights?

The Following User Says Thank You to Baymu For This Useful Post:
chapy (31st January 2012)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome