Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #54 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi 16VV

I have had a reply from renault re my problem (caused by the loose black box) who said they'd 'a small number' of similar reports and were all down to the wiring loom/harness not being repositioned correctly after work was done i.e. Not their fault

They weren't going to do anything else about it, didn't want to look at MY car. I haven't yet received a reply to my further telling then this is not acceptable...

VOSA have also got back to me saying they are aware of 8 cases, all 1.2 Clio's but again due to badly positioned wiring harness wearing through the wires.

I have explained this isn't exactly what's happened on my car and they may look at it further. Watchdog have been copied in to all communications.

All I can say is EVERYONE who has this problem please report them to Renault AND VOSA. They don't work on hearsay and are unable to do anything if people don't report it. There are loads of us on here with this problem and so far only 9 reports lodged with VOSA.

My 52 plate 1.2 has the fly by wire throttle with integrated ICV so giving the throttle body a clean involoves removing the Inlet Manifold etc.. not as straight forward as on the other Renault engines. As far as I know the other 1.2 D4F engines are also like this.

I have two seperate probs, the engine cut out (due to worn wiring loom) and lumpy idle/nearly stalling. This can happen at traffic lights when I depress the clutch and the exhaust also splutters a bit every few seconds after a long drive. I'm thinking MAF sensor re this...
Currently in LOUIS CHIRON's garage:
52-plate Clio Expression 1.2, 3dr manual
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome