Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi there,
The car is a 54 model - September 2004 i believe (bought it 2nd hand), 30,000 miles ish so just out of warranty. It has been serviced regularly.
I spoke to customer services, who said to take it down to the dearlership and get a quote - CS said that once this is done "Renault" will see what they can do. I did mention to them that in the 7 months of owning it, I have had it in the shop about 5 times.

How flexable are they regarding just out of warranty fixes?

I did just buy the haynes manual, and I was able to remove the fabric part of the panel. It seems the funny "boing" noise I mentioned earlier is the motor and the wire. when i do press the window button, the motor rotates a tiny amount and stops, as if there was too much tension in the wire. Also when I pressed it up and down, the wire above the moter went taught, and below went slack and visa versa. Again, with my hands the window was able to be moved up and down.
I would love to be able to fix this myself, as it would save me a ton of cash, answell as teach me something..

thanks for everyones help.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome