Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio - Fog Lights not working * FIXED *

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Sprimp View Post
My 98 1.2 RN Clio is just coming up for MOT.

Tested the rear fog light(s) only to find that it/they had stopped working - No problems previously.

Bulb is OK but no power is getting to that part of the rear light cluster although all of the other lights in the cluster are working.

In the passenger fusebox it appears that the fog light relay showing in my Haynes manual is not there and has been replaced by a factory fitted metal bridge presumably ensuring that the fog light switch has full control.

If I open a door with the fog light switch in the on position the "lights on" buzzer sounds even thouch there are no other lights on in the car other than the courtesy light.

Incidently, the relevant warning light in the dashboard does not now light.

I have recently replaced the engine, could this therefore be an earthing problem.

Please note that I only have limited car knowledge, a Janet & John reply would therefore be of assistance.

hello Sprimp ...

I'll take an easy one to start with ... I assume that you are testing this with the dipped headlights and ignition switched on, as the rear fog will not work without the main lights being switched on?

Otherwise I'd go down the switch route first ... have you used a test lamp/multimeter on the connector to make sure you are getting power?, as the Clio stalks are often the culprit.

Hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome