Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - DS Switch

Thread: DS Switch
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The DS switch sounds like the one that mutes the voice synth. If it's a latching switch, then it's probably the one I'm thinking of. With the switch unlatched, the voice synth will chime and then speak any audible warnings. With the switch latched, you'll just get a (different) chime if the system has something to report, and you'll have to press the voice button to get the spoken message.

I think the 'tennis racket' is supposed to represent a road sign, which in turn represents the starting point at which you last reset the trip computer. So 'road sign' to 'car' is showing you the elapsed 'something' between then and now. The 'something' in question depends on what mode you have the trip computer in. It could be journey time elapsed, average speed, distance covered etc. The rest of the display should hopefully make it plain which.

As you have the Laguna I, you're also in luck in that you have the split trip computer. Press and hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk for several seconds, and you'll see the 'road sign' change to either a larger or a smaller one. The larger one is trip memory 1 and the smaller one is trip memory 2. You can reset trip 2 independently of trip 1, but not the other way around. Trip 2 can be handy for monitoring different 'legs' of a journey, while using trip 1 to give you the overall figures for that journey.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome