Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Split Wing (Clio 2)

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2006 Thread Starter
Big Mart
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Warranty B*****DS!!!!!!
The dealer recieved a fax back from Renault Warranty department and they have rejected the claim on the grounds that there is no way that such a crack could develop due to manufacturing or materails failures and thus must have been caused by excessive force on the wing, e.g. an impact.
I very unhappy with this response because

1. I am a supplier quality engineer for a global engine manufacturer and know first hand that materails and manufacturing failures do happen and do reach the customer how ever good the quality system is.

2. The design of the wing is that they can absorb impacts up to a certain level, i.e small prangs etc.., my brother crashed a scienic he had into a wall on the nearside corner and did not crack the plastic!
For a crack to appear there must have been a considerable impact and considering the postion of the crack, directly above the wheel you would expect to see damage to the wheel or surrounding panels, which there is none. there is not even any scrapes on the paint.

Next step is call Renault UK customer services and see where i get, but I'm not hopeful that i'll get anywhere.

Has anyonre got any advice or contacts for dealing with Ren Uk customer services.

Currently in Big Mart's garage:
Nothing at present - its dead!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome