Join Date: Mar 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 100 Times in 95 Posts
here is a post from a member about how to change to kph
Well now. . . . .after 45 minutes and the intervention of a very nice lady (Nikky of Lookers Chelmsford) and her pet mechanic on the end of the phone, we finally managed to change mph to kph (I feel like an alchemist.)
Alors, pour une Grande Scenic with hands free card you must:
- ensure the ignition is off, so open and close the door if you're already comfortably seated
- Don't be tempted to touch the brake or clutch
- have the hands-free card in your left hand
- press and hold the top computer-control button on the right-hand stalk
- immediately insert the card into the slot
- then (still with the cc button pressed) press and hold the Start button.
- after about 3-5 second the dash will light up with the speedo flashing - but bide your time and keep pressing them buttons.
- after another 3-5 seconds the mph will change to kph but it will still flash so keep your digits stiff and disregard the pain
- after another 3-5 second the flashing will stop, the speedo will be in kph and you can stop holding your breath (Nikky me and the dealer found we were doing this ) and the buttons and rub some circulation back into your fingers
- despite what the manual said, and it's no surprise it's wrong in this respect as well, it doesn't revert to mph when you switch off, so you have to go through this again when you return to blighty. But imo, this is a good thing.
It's important that you keep the buttons pressed when the speedo is flashing or it will just abort, even when it shows kph.
No problem. Follow the instructions below:
1. Unlock the vehicle, do not start the engine
2. insert card
3. Press and hold either of the trip computer buttons and the start button together
4. Keep pressed until speedo appears
5. Release start button and hold the trip computer button until speedo changes from miles to kilometers or vice versa..
6. Press start button twice to switch off ignition.
Now you're done
Life is too short...laugh and enjoy it while you are able to
'24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I Think not !!
Currently in Asterix's garage:
Renault Megane Scenic II 06 1.5dci Oasis in Eclipse Grey Metallic but it is not in a garage