Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Split Wing (Clio 2)

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 7th February 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
While I can't see how any kind of accident with another vehicle or street furniture could have caused this, there is a plausible explanation. Some little scrote has probably given the wing a good kicking, and while it hasn't marked the paint, it has caused enough stress to fracture the plastic at its weakest point. The rest of the wing has done its job and sprung back into shape.

It's amazing just how much of a hammering these things can take. My last Laguna was forced off the road by a coach (fortunately at low speed - the driver of the coach decided to turn left when the lights turned green - the problem being that he was at a set of lights where you were only permitted to turn right. Unfortunately, I was in the lane next to him.) My car got forced up onto a traffic island, buckling both front wheels, and taking chunks out of both front tyres. It also gouged a rather nasty crease along at least half of the length of the coach.

The wing itself sprang back into shape almost perfectly. The shut line with the door was slightly out, one of the mounting points had perforated the skin and the paint was scuffed to hell, but that was it.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome