Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2001: Seat Posisiton Sensor ???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry 2001: Seat Posisiton Sensor ???

can anyone help me!

when i first bought my 2001 (51 Plate) clio, the air bag light came and i foolishly took it to my local renault dealer. They said i needed the air bag pre tensioner cable repairing, which i now know is a common fault and dead easy to fix. But we all learn by our mistakes.

A few weeks later the light came back on, so i did some searching and i found this forum. I looked at the job renault did and in shock i saw that they had not soldered the wires together nor heat shrinked them. They had simply twisted the wires together and wrapped insulation tape around.

After seeing this, there was steam comming out my ears and i went straight back to the Renault dealer.

After an arguement with a receptionist and a threat to report them to renault head office for not doing work they should have. They repaired the first bodged cable and also did the drivers side FREE of Charge! Although i found out latter that they should have done both sides the first time! This is according to another renault dealer who would have done both for the same price!!

Once they had done that, they brought the car out and said the light was still on, but this was due to the 'Seat Posistion Sensor', They wanted 215 to replace it!

Can anyone give me a clue to what the 'seat position sensor' is and where it is located, Or are they tring to take me for a ride.

The light comes on intermitently it has been off for weeks now, but just took the car to the lakes and now is 'on' more than 'off'. if i move the seat, up and down, and back and forth sometimes it goes off!

Is this just loose connections again due to their bad workmanship or is there realy a 'seat posistion sensor'

net searches have revealed nothing!!!

Currently in lashford's garage:
2001 clio 1.2 expression
  5 Lastest Threads by lashford
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2001: Seat Posisiton Sensor ??? Electronics Truckbusuk 8 1760 11th October 2007 05:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome