Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bummer of a day

Thread: Bummer of a day
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bummer of a day

Having picked up my laguna 1 yesterday and being happy with life Karma says I must now experience being unhappy with life!
It starts like this:
The drive to work takes 1hr instead of 20 mins due to accident on M18 diverting traffic through the villages that I use to commute (I'm not trivialising this as some poor soul lost their life, so what's one hour of mine). During that journey a rock of some size falls from a lorry going in the opposite direction and cracks my windscreen. I'm not able to get a reg or turn around due to the volume of traffic and so must claim through my insurance. Next comes the plus point I manage to source 4 brand new tyres fitted etc for 120 through an old friend of mine who manages at one of the nations larger tyre fitting outlets I leave work early to get them fitted only to find that I am minus a locking wheel nut key with no idea from the previous owner as to where it is My friends co workers can't remove the offending articles while I am away buying some new locking nuts and so I am forced to travel around my locality trying to find somewhere that can. I eventually find a garage that is capable and so negotiate a price for their services. When the nuts are removed it turns out that the new lockers that have been sold to me are 12mm thread instead of 14mm and so have to buy some more from the nice garage. By this time it is too late to either get my money back for the original lockers that were sold to me or get my new tyres on. Added to this I tried to collect a parcel that was delivered to my house whilst I was abroad getting married only to find that it had been returned to the sender.
Some days you wonder whether it was worth getting out of bed.
Anyway I'm now glugging a glass of my favourite vino and I'm on the promise. It looks like that Karma thing has just come around again
Currently in pimpdaddy's garage:
Clio sport 172 cup
  5 Lastest Threads by pimpdaddy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio 2 - 172 Sport Tyre Info Wheels & tyres davenorman555 2 7373 9th April 2008 11:06 PM
Bummer of a day Cars & motoring Lagdti 7 1136 11th October 2007 09:04 PM
DS Switch Cars & motoring Horatio 7 1085 10th October 2007 10:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome