Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - premium diesel

Thread: premium diesel
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2015 Thread Starter
richard tunstal
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: premium diesel

Phil48's link to simplemotoring could have been written by my fuel trader friend.One thing i've only just remembered was his belief that supermarkets cut their costs to the bone,one of the results being that the maintenance of tanks filters etc of the site's equipment may suffer.

I didn't use much of the morris's additive so it didn't get a fair trial but from the 'ingredients' list and warnings on the bottle I'd guess that it contains a biocide to prevent bugs growing in the fuel.
'Honing oil '--athin oil used for sharpening chisels etc-- was always described on the container as antibacterial honing oil . i always thought it was to reduce the chance a cut getting infected till somebody told me that there are some bugs that can live in oil tanks.
Shell have (or had) a research facility in cheshire and they used to donate old aluminium pistons to local schools metalworking departments. i assume that they were used to test the performance of various fuels and lubricants and they wouldn't be doing that to benefit tesco or asda.
The fact is though that after 2 tanks the tickover that often had the car and passengers shaking was improved to being as smooth as silkand thewarning light stayed off for weeks.

Sadly it's now on continuously. A maxiscan ms309 says no faults and anelm327 says via Torquethat there are no faults.The latter shows revs coolant temp accelerator position etc. so bits of it are working To be continued--but maybe in another thread.
Currently in richard tunstal's garage:
'96 mondeo estate on bricks.2003 clio 1.5dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome