View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2015
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 10 Times in 10 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: premium diesel

Originally Posted by richard tunstal View Post
seems to be necessary to say hello in this thread to trigger some of the forum treasures.why the title?
i am just a trifle tight and used to drive miles to save 0.1p a litre so why am i of all people going to the shell V-POWER pump?
i bought the clio in feb this year and it was running beautifully for a while.then the tickover got worse n worse n worse.and driving to maximise mpg brought the little orange light on.give the car a good thrashing (as in fawlty towers) and things improved for a while. not knowing anything about diesels i thought 'sticky injector' ,got some very expensive (by my standards) morris's stuff to put in the tank and nothing changed.i must admit i wasn't very diligent but was possibly erring towards parsimony.
i described my problem to a friend in the fuel tradeand he said
1 he bought supermarket petrol regularly
2he only bought supermarket diesel if there was a very good offer on
3 he normally bought branded diesel
4his prescription for my problem was branded premium diesel. might take a couple of tanksful he said ,but have faith.
in this area shell is the most common brand and hey presto after 2 tanks no more orange light. as far as i rememberthe extra cost is similar to the cost of the additive but is much less trouble!!!
wonder if it'd free up the space bar on this geriatric keyboard??
Hi it would be interesting to know if the warning light fault was related to a fuel problem? ie injector etc
Currently in Meganeman's garage:
.Ford Transit 2014..2003 Renault clio 1.2 Authentique.1989 Renault 5 TR
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome