Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Take off your ruddy towbar!

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Originally Posted by dave_mezza2006 View Post
Oh dear scatz, sorry to hear of your incident. Theres no accounting for other peoples stupidity ! Why on earth was he reversing into a junction anyway ?

At least the story has a happy ending (sort of - your pride and joy's been hit!) and that your getting it all paid for and new bumper and radiator. It also saves you the headache of going through the insurance to get it sorted. I wonder if he had insurance (wondering why he agreed to sort it all out for you (not withstanding the fact that his mate runs a garage) , but hey if he's paying who cares eh !

Now then, I hope you told him you get paid 50 an hour

Im sure its all Kosha, just make sure the repairs are carried out properly as you'll probably have no comeback like if you went through his insurance.
He had stopped at the junction to turn left but realised he needed to go right. Because the junction has a wide end to it he had to reverse! What are bloody mirrors for

I did say "I take it you're insured", to which he replied he was but didn't want the hassle of ol' bill and insurance company etc. He said he'd only had the car a week and hadn't gotten round to taking the towbar off of it so forgets it's there.

With regard to the loss of earning's I only had one window cleaning job today which would have netted me 15. I told him that I'd be loosing 40.

Originally Posted by Donald View Post
Hi Scatz sorry to here this but as you said at least its going to be sorted out,well just make sure you have all details of his like name and address if you need to follow through if necessary cheers all the best Donald.
Got his name and address and his mate in the car, who is picking me up later to pay the 50 and take me to the garage, gave me his mobile number.

I rang my OH cousin, who's a mechanic, and asked him if he knew the mechanic that's doing the work and if he was anygood/cosha. He told me he is a well respected mechanic but like him hates French cars

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome