Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Take off your ruddy towbar!

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 12th October 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5

Give the fella his dues. He came round this afternoon with 40 for my loss of earnings, took me down the garage whereby the mechanic had fitted a brand spanking new rad. Made sure I checked that he hadn't left my old one in there and done a bodge job.

Looking at the old one, if the guys towbar had hit half an inch over, he would have missed the rad completely. As it was, there was a inch long crack in the plastic casing which was enough to cause a torrent of coolant.

Mechanic said I should ring him Tuesday/Wednesday re the bumper as he's gotta wait for it to turn up and then get it colour coded (fair do's). I made it clear that he knew the guy who reversed into me was paying for all this. He was fine with that, as he knew him. Still, I left today with a new radiator with no bill and the mechanic doesn't know me from Adam so everything so far is good.

Lastly, turned out the guy wasn't insured and originally gave me false details. He has since given me his real name and even took me round to his girlfriends address where he is currently living. Told me to pop round for a cuppa anytime I was worried about the rest . Hacks me off that he's yet another uninsured driver, but at least I'm getting the work done!

I shall still hold my breath for the bumper but the guys seemed savy enough (I hope).

Fingers crossed.

Currently in scatz's garage:
2004 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B, a 2013 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Sport S-Max and a 2001 Honda NSR125R

Last edited by scatz; 12th October 2007 at 05:29 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome