Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #180 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by tombolian View Post
I've just read through the whole thread - i'm concerned about insurance now. Any suggestions? If I raise this possible defect with the garage or insurance company then I run the risk of not getting any money...
Hi Tombolian,

Glad you've found this thread, but not so glad why you have found this thread - as you say its a good job no one was in the car. Was there any other damage to your property?

The comments relating to insurance in the thread were more to do with people modifying their cars away from standard, but some people have also had problems with small print excluding fires from their policy. Your policy documents will tell you if you are covered. If not, I'm not too sure where you can go from here - apart from the small claims court?

Do you have any pictures you can post? Also, did you have any problems with water leaks that could drip onto the switch? Can you remember what position the switch was in and when it was last used.

Ta. Sporty.
Currently in sporty's garage:
X reg Scenic 2.0 Sport Alize and a Vauxhall Astra LS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome