Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #380 of (permalink) Old 12th September 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

Just repaired both front windows and would like to share the experience.
The passenger side went months ago and I got one from a breakers and it remained in the boot (I don't sit in the passenger seat so very low priority). Then last week the drivers side went immediate action required so boot up flea bay. Mistakenly it was set to highest price first and so I discovered that there is a company selling regulators (No motor) for 928 and they have sold 97 is there really that many people with more money than sense. Went down the list and got a pattern part regulator for 18.89 inc postage. Have now fitted both the new regulator to the drivers side and the 2nd hand entire unit to the passenger side. Fiddly and it involved quite a bit of swearing but approach it methodically and all will be well. I found getting the clips off the window difficult due to shortage of room so bent up a piece off scrap hooked it over the clip and got better purchase.The window needs to be down if its stuck up you can cut the cables to drop it but make sure its supported first or it will drop and break. The original regulator was held on by 5 studs and nuts, the new part had 3 three studs and 2 threaded holes so I needed 2 bolts, luckily I had some the right size. When taking the door card off (2 screws at the bottom and 1 behind the plastic plug in the door handle) I had to cut through the foam filler strip. Putting the door card back I needed to replace the foam filler and discovered the 5mm foam draught excluder sold in 1 shops works, you can get the foam with both sides adhesive on flea bay but I didn't have time.
Currently in deepfat's garage:
Laguna 1.9 DCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome