Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #181 of (permalink) Old 14th October 2007
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Right Tombolian,

I'm more than happy to help you through this as we seem to have something in common. Have you checked the photos out of our car in this posting? Also you need to do a few things fairly quickly.

1) Get photos of the fire damage in the car (go to where the vehicle has been taken, it is your right to get photos if you haven't already) Take plenty of photos of the general exterior condition in case the insurance company play up on their assesment of the value!

2) If you believe the damage to be caused by the same fault as this post or another electrical fault, get in touch with Renault on 0800 0723372 and ask for the senior customer relations manager Mr Alex Phelan and quote our case number which is 1-119559912 at least that will link the incident to ours a get you past a telephone operator. Don't lose your rag with them even though I'm sure you're not very happy at the moment! Our car caught fire on 18th June and ever since then Renault UK have provided us with transport "As a gesture of goodwill" whilst the case is unresolved. Also you MUST stress to them the severity of the incident e.g. the vehicle was very close to the house / in a garage etc... etc... and the possible repercussions of the fire.

3) Please email me on: and I'll happily give you my phone number to assist you as much as possible. Then I can get you the details for VOSA and the necessary forms to fill out to add to what is becoming an ever more growing issue.

4) If you can pass me your vehicle reg. and registered keepers full name I will happily get the details passed on to VOSA for you immediately!

Think carefully about what you want to say to Renault regarding the incident and keep your cool. Losing your temper won't get you anywhere. All is not lost if the insurance won't pay out due to a technicality, usually they would advise you immediately whether or not they will uphold your claim. Afterall if through no fault of your own and through a manufacturing issue you are left without a vehicle, the burden of liability rests with the vehicle manufacturer to provide you with a solution.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Regards - Dave Seal
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique

Last edited by fireball scenic; 14th October 2007 at 09:16 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome