Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 95 renault 1.4 auto misfire

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
95 renault 1.4 auto misfire

hi all new here i recently bought my wife a old style clio though after a day of her driving it it has come up with a starting and running issue.
we have had it to our local garage and they did a diagnostics test with no joy they also serviced it i.e new plugs HT leads distributor cap rotor arm oil filters. and still the same.
basically what happens is when its been stood over night it will start off the key and idle of a few seconds ok then soon as you start to rev it it starts misfiring and blowing fine black smoke and leaving a soot reidue on the floor from the exhaust and the CAT starts smelling.
if you try to start it again it turns over for ages then splutters into life still with the misfire.

sorry about the long post hope it makes sence also does anyone have the firing order on the plugs and dizzy cap and where number 1 cylinder is just want to rule out the garage ant put the leads on wrong

thanks again in advance
  5 Lastest Threads by rick76
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
rear suspention woes Steering and Suspension mord 8 612 20th October 2015 04:00 PM
1999 megane scenic rear brake discs help Brakes/Hubs TTT 5 612 20th August 2015 08:51 AM
clattering noise 1999 scenic Steering and Suspension Regg1e 4 692 2nd April 2014 06:15 PM
Megane scenic emissions help!! Engines kenuk 1 742 18th June 2013 06:06 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome