Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 16v ABS headache

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 14th September 2015
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 30 Times in 26 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,295 Posts
Re: Clio 1.2 16v ABS headache

Does it not seem like a power issue to you,,,,,Garage can not read the ABS ecu is it his machine ,or power issue ,,are you able to put a volt meter on the fuses ,,,I always try and put a new or different fuse in,,try to eliminate as much as possible ,,without spending money,you replaced the whole drive shaft ,,what about the sensor ,,Have read it a few times to make sure ,,,at this point you have either disconnected bottom ball joint and pulled the hub out to put new one in ,undone the pin or pins to move the shocker out of the way,are you sure you have not got carried away and pulled to much that you have broken the wire,IE stretched it and can not see inside the sensor,not sure about testing sensors with meters as ,it needs to be a very accurate machine (in my opinion) and a lot of outside forces i have no control of,i know people on all forums will disagree,,but i would in this instance bite the bullet and put a new ,decent sensor in the nearside front,Please dont take this the wrong way im able to put a few machines on and say yes thats the sensor,but you have spent a small fortune on your car ,,you are happy that power supply is ok ,so can rule that out ,,all signals come from the left hand wheel,(passenger side /n/s front wheel ,,this controls vehicle speed sensor,steering angle sensor,,esp,,/ no signal car thinks its stopped ,switches signal off from steering it then goes heavy,it switches that part of the ecu off,then it senses a signal and switches ecu back on,this is the gist of how ecus work ,,, ,but the good thing is you can do a hell of a lot more on your car now you have done it yourself,,,Again check power suoply,if good go for the cheapest first, if not sure,, ,which in your situation is a sensor on n/s wheel ,,good luck and please keep us informed
Currently in ours2012's garage:
My Baby ( or the shed on wheels )Laguna 2 estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome