Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - iv messed up my brakes

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 15th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to pizzaman
whilst i realise that i am drifting of the original thread some what ( but the answer did come swiftly) i have to admit that i'm with lagdti on this, no need to waste money on 'bleeders'. used to think that i was the only 'smart ' who used the second-man-at-the-wheel method. even made a 'bib', from plastic milk bottle, to hang off the nipple to catch the fluid if/when it came out. true, the only draw-back is persuading your better-half to listen closely to your shouts, as she stands on the pedal !
and i have changed fluid in a system with this method! once you get a rhythm going, it's easy. the milk bottle 'bib' came in handy for this one. just remember to keep an eye on the fluid level, though.
by the way, jango, all you needed to do in the first place was get a g-clamp round your caliper and piston - replace the pad with a small piece of wood - and gently and slowly compress the piston back in. again, keep an eye on fluid level - a clean syringe comes in handy for the excess(get 'em in printer re-inking packs).
Currently in pizzaman's garage:
54 reg kangoo 1.5 dci 80
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome