Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Boot wouldn't open, now won't lock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Boot wouldn't open, now won't lock

Hi all,
I've seen a few posts similar to this where a switch has been mentioned.
Basically this evening I went to open my boot and the button wouldn't go in to open it. It was if it was still locked. I unlocked the doors, locked them and unlocked them and still the same.
I then crawled into the boot to get to my screwdrivers to try and release the mechanism which was also suggested on here. It required removing the plastic cover which was really difficult at the time.
I then thought I'd try an old fashioned fix. I thumped the boot a bit around the button and at the bottom. I tried again and it opened! Then I sprayed some GT85 into the lock from underneath and closed the boot but now it won't lock...

Can anyone advise what it's likely to be in this case or anything I can try please?
Currently in martyxs's garage:
Clio Dci Expression 65 (51 Plate)
  5 Lastest Threads by martyxs
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
puddles of water in front foot wells? Bodywork stilton670 6 364 15th June 2016 08:21 PM
Good tyres for a mk 2 clio dci? Wheels & tyres batfink5 7 420 2nd April 2016 08:11 AM
Loud squealing noise when starting Engines cje77 4 326 25th October 2015 01:42 PM
Boot wouldn't open, now won't lock Bodywork martyxs 4 592 16th September 2015 07:30 PM
Contact or switch cleaner? Tools & equipment Charliehigh2016 7 836 29th August 2015 09:32 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome