Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 17th October 2007
jacqui alive
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi I know exactly what you are going through!!! I am at the minute coresponding with Renault UK. Basically after three throttle bodies replaced on my clio and this car has only done 25,000 miles. My near demise (breaking down in outside lane of motorway on two occassions and then on a busy by pass) Diagnostics provided by different garages said Throttle Body !!! WRONG apparently it was the wiring loom. TOOK TECHNICAL BODS FROM GLOUCESTER TO DRIVE TO CORNWALL TO LOOK AT THIS VEHICLE TO WORK THIS OUT. GRRRRRRRRRR They now tell me it won't happen again!!!!!!!!!!! Well I have taken their word and believed them on four occasions, trusting their expertise!! I DON'T have their confidence - but then they are not risking their lives and that of their friends and families !!!!!! BUT THEY HAVE TOLD ME THAT THIS ISN'T A REGULAR OCCURANCE THEY KNOW NOTHING OF THIS BEING A FAULT ON CLIO'S??????????? I WOULD SUGGEST ALL OF YOU EXPERIENCING PROBLEMS OF THIS NATURE ON YOUR CLIO'S TO WRITE TO RENAULT UK. HEAD OF QUALITY IS MR Y. VINCENT AND THE MANAGING DIRECTOR IS MR R. BOUCHARA. I WILL KEEP YOU ALL POSTED OF THE OUTCOME
Currently in jacqui alive's garage:
Renault Clio 2003

Last edited by jacqui alive; 17th October 2007 at 04:55 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome