Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #185 of (permalink) Old 17th October 2007
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

It is really important that you report this fault to Renault who are VERY aware of this problem. They are claiming some poor reasons as to possible causes for the fire at the moment which I have technically disputed. The more cases that are reported to them and VOSA the better the chance of a recall, which will be of no use to you or me as we are both without our Scenics now!! The only use will be to make sure that everyone else who has one can rest easy in the knowledge that it has been given a clean bill of health by way of a recall.

Christ knows the number of these vehicles in use on public roads, and the number of people who leave their kids in them whilst shopping, at petrol stations etc.... We were advised by the fire service that anyone in the car at the time of the fire would have had only a couple of minutes of smoke inhalation before becoming asphyxiated. With so many young children strapped in car seats, they wouldn't stand a chance.

It is now your chance to keep your conscience clear and report this to them to get action!

I only hope that Renault have some sort of conscience and get this sorted...... I will keep going for as long as necessary to get this sorted.

VOSA are still waiting for further technical responses from Renault after their initial findings aired at a meeting on the 4th October. Renault's standpoint inevitably is that this is NOT in their opinion a matter requiring a recall only an issue of possible damage to the switch caused by external influences. To which I continue to point out that our vehicle did not have any water leaks into the switch and even if the connector had become loose in some way this cannot by itself cause a fire, as there is no load path in an inoperative switch (Unless of course it had failed in some way!).

Regards - Dave
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome