Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #60 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Skype™ to Tibor021
I had (or have?!) the same problem this summer just a few weeks after I bought my Clio (second hand, it was made in january 2002.) , and posted my problem on this forum. Since then the light went on (together with the "safe" mode) from time to time. Turning the engine off and on again usualy solved the problem. After a while, the problem dissapeared and I have made hundreds of kilometres on various roads and conditions for weeks.

Than, suddenly (of course) on my way to Greece, in Macedonia, in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of night, it happaned again...To cut the long story short, in a authorised Renault service in Greece they plugged in the computer and the diagnosis was that actualy those were "ghost" problems (i.e. that the "reports" of the fault(s) ) remained in the memory of the car's computer. So they reset the computer ("cleaned" the memory) and after that I had no problems with that...

...untill about 2000 km's and 10 days later. Also suddenly, while my brother-in-law tryed out the car (very gently and carefully) the light suddenly went on (of course, together with the "safe mode"). After turning the engine off and than on again, the lite went off (and the "safe mode" too) and since then, I had no more this problem. And that was about a month, and almost 1.500 kilometres ago.
Currently in Tibor021's garage:
Clio Storia 1.2

Last edited by Tibor021; 18th October 2007 at 08:26 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome