Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New CD player killed my speedo

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Well the good news is that, as long as the speedo and everything works when the stereo's off, then nothing's permanently broken.

My best guess is that the original stereo takes a pulse from the speed sensor so that it can increase the volume with speed. It sounds like this has been connected to one of the outputs on the new stereo and it's pulling the signal up or down. I'd guess that you've hooked the speed sense into the electric aerial/amplifier remote output on the stereo. If you can find a wiring diagram that shows you which wire is the amplifier remote output, then try disconnecting that one.

I'd have a look at the connections on the power ISO block. You shouldn't really need more than three of them: Power, ignition live and permanent live. Optionally, you might have radio mute and instrument dimming feeds.

Have a look at the diagrams on Parrot France, Actualités kits mains-libres et produits Bluetooth to see what's what on the ISO block. Try it with just the power and ground connections hooked up and see what happens.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by Horatio; 18th October 2007 at 06:30 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome