Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Front suspension - Wishbone Arm How to

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by peanut chomper
hi Snail
How did you get on ? , I`m in the process of having both mine done and the mechanic has just phoned me and said they`re a "pig" to do.
Thought he maybe was angling for more cash! , he said renault did them for about 250 a side ,to which i quickly pointed out that he wasn`t renault and nor were the parts.........unfortunatly i left MOT too late for me to do them myself , but they`re about 50 a side on Ebay for the part.
I was unable due to time restraints, to tackle the job myself, however Renault dealer had quoted 290 per side to replace. I bought the suspension arms from the main dealer, which is the only place you can get them, for about 50 plus vat each arm, and then a local garage quoted two hours labour to change them, about 70, so all in it cost me around the 200 mark, which would have cost me three times that from the dealer. Many thanks to everyone who provided information, but to be honest for 70 labour it is really not worth the hassle of getting involved yourself unless you have access to a two post ramp.
Currently in snailplane's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi Sport Tourer
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome