Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - DIY turbo swap on a DCi (turbo failure)

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th February 2006
A former user
Cheers Webcode for the summary - great post..

Parkers Thread is here - happy reading !

Or ( taken from the first post of the infamous parkers thread..)

May I suggest that esteemed members post their queries on here so that there are not so many individual posts on Lag ll problems? It seems to me that other owners with different makes don't get a fair crack of the whip! Any of their posts are "rushed" off the top page before more people can get to see them.

Meanwhile I am assuming that you have read the general posting topic at the top of the Ownwership Problems Forum asking for as much detail as possible, whatever your problem is. Mileage, service history and engine type and size are obviously important details too!

If reporting on a turbo failure please state;

1. date of first registration,

2. whether new turbo oil feed pipes were fitted and new intercooler,

3. whether EGR valve was replaced or checked and serviced and

4. most importantly was your car fitted with a new or remanufactured turbo if your car has had one or more units. This information should be on the relevant service sheet. A new turbo costs around 1000 and a Renault "refurbished" one about 650.

Toot Toot Toady!

Apparently Renault UK is now making contributory payments of up to 100% to owners whose 1.9dCi engined cars meet certain criteria where the Garrett turbo has blown up. These contributions come via a "Yellow OTS Scheme" but it is possible that only French "reconditioned" turbo units will be fitted.

See the topic in this Forum titled:

Laguna ll 1.9 & 2.2dCi Turbo and Engine Failures

If your car has suffered a catastrophic turbo and/or engine failure, which you feel could have caused you harm, please contact the following and let me know via the Board.

Mr Stuart L Jenkins
Senior Automotive Engineer
Vehicle & Operator Services Agency
Vehicle Safety Branch
Berkeley House
Croydon Street

Since October 1st 2005 VOSA has been granted stringent new powers to bring it into line with the EU.

As I have said on our main thread on this subject PARKERS is the best place to find the latest information on the subject of Turbo failures - you will see some familar names Hondo, Webcode to name just two !!

Obviously with the confusion's and disgust of many owners being fresh as they typed you will have to read between the lines but it is nevertheless a very informative and helpful piece of online "docuforum"..

PS:- Docuforum is new word made up by me ! I,e, docu drama docu soap etc etc etc etc
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome