Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Automatic Light on Dashboard coming on

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Automatic Light on Dashboard coming on

This is my first post - I hope you guys can calm me down a little!

I have a 2000 Megane 1.6 Sport Alize Auto and in the past two weeks, the automatic light has come on three times when randomly starting the car and the car won't go beyond 1st gear when set to 'D'.

I had only driven up the road the first time it happened, so I headed back and called the AA. Sods law dictated that when they started the car, all was fine. I took it to a Renault garage for a diagnostic check and they couldn't find any faults.

It's happened twice since then, the latest time being this evening. On both times, I wasn't able to leave the car where it was so I put it in 2nd and drove home. On getting home, if I turned the car off and on again, the light had gone out and the car sounded normal.

Does anyone have any idea of what this problem could be?
I don't know if it's related, but a few times the car has struggled to start first go and both problems seem to have happened at roughly the same time.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Meg. x
Currently in MeggyMegane's garage:
2000 Renault Megane 1.6 Sport Alize Auto
  5 Lastest Threads by MeggyMegane
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Automatic Light on Dashboard coming on Electronics Lagdti 10 1897 18th October 2007 08:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome