Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #186 of (permalink) Old 18th October 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi just want to say I have only read the first 6 pages then last one so if someone has already said this then I apologise. I suffered the well publicised Clio bonnet catch failure. I have been pursuing Renault for a year with not much success as yet so I wouldn't hold out much hope unless you take court action.

VOSA have also proved not much better than a chocolate tea pot. After numerous correspondence by letter I travelled from Glasgow to VOSA's head office in Bristol. I astonished to discover how VOSA carry out their investigations. Most of it is done by the manufacturer and then VOSA look at the results. They claim cars are too technical to test independently. I also work for a local government enforcement agency involved in product safety and I am shocked at VOSA's practices.

As a result I have set up a petition at Petition to: Commission an independent committee of MPs to look into VOSA’s activities.
If you are of the same opinion as myself I would be grateful for your signature.

Good luck all with pursuing Renault. My case is with my lawyer. For anyone else taking action the legal info on this site may be useful -
Clio Action Group | Google Groups
Currently in Meesh's garage:
2003 Renault Clio Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome