Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hi All

Thread: Hi All
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Wink Hi All

Just found this forum today.........Just wish that I had found it sooner.

I have been looking through some postings and there is a whole wealth of knowledge contained here.
So here is a brief history of my experience living with my Clio.
I have a Clio 1.2 MTV since 2000 and over the years it has thrown up many a problem from the Lambda sensor through to the Top Dead Sensor fault.
However about 2 years ago I noticed that the front Fog lamps stopped working. Along with this I had major fault leds active on the instrument display and some of the relays acted up.
SO a visit to the Doc was needed. My mechanic could not find any fault with the wiring to the Fogs.
I rang renault who suggested that I get a new lighting stalk.
They told me there was 2 different types and the easiest way to find out was to remove the steering cowling and get the part number.
Low and behold when I removed said cowling I found that some of the wires going to the lighting stalk were completely sheared off.
It looked like the prongs seperating the wires, over time cut through them and caused shorting to occur.
I resoldered the wires and put extra insulation on them.
Hey Presto no more Fog lamp issues since then and the relay probs and fault leds on the dash dissapeared too.
Maybe someone out there has come across this so I apologise if I have rehashed a known problem.
If not and the above problem sounds familiar to you, it might help to have a look, even just to rule out this issue.

SO here I am signing off.

Talk to you all soon.
Currently in freebee23's garage:
2000 clio 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by freebee23
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Hi All Electronics HZlatan 3 674 19th October 2007 09:09 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome