Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #189 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2007
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Meesh,

I had already signed your petition and forwarded it around my office at work - they are all sick by now of hearing me going on about our Scenic, but you will appreciate how something like this can get right under your skin. VOSA will not be able to hide behind the excuse they use for getting out of the Clio bonnet catch issue as they say that it can be picked up by "routine maintenance" There is no routine schedule that requires you to check behind door cards so I will be interested to hear their word on this - they are remaining a little sat on the fence at the moment!

Tom, We got an offer from our insurers that was 1,000 less than the vehicle was worth, I argued over and over with their engineers that Glasses guide did not reflect the "Real" market value as proven by Autotrader etc... and they also devalued the car based on a couple of scratches and thumb dents (Like that's relevant to the fact you've paid your premiums and the car has caught fire through no fault of your own!). Do not accept the offer and if they won't budge lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service (It will take them a while to resolve due to the recent flooding and number of other cases they are now dealing with). You can take an interim payment from the insurer's as long as they give you a letter to say they understand you are still disputing the final offer and are waiting for the Ombudsman's decision. In the end the FOS got us an extra 950 on our original offer which we accepted.

Please ask for Alex Phelan specifically on Monday, he will be expecting your call as I have already sent them an email about your car!! Dan Hawkes the Customer Relations manager at Renault UK asked me to tell you to get in touch so they can use your car as part of their ongoing investigations. Make sure you push them for at least a hire car as they will provide you with one if you need it!!

Turn your frustration on Renault and use it in a constructive way!

Cheers Dave
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique

Last edited by fireball scenic; 19th October 2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: additional info
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome