Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Few problems!

Thread: Few problems!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Few problems!

Hi folks, im new to the forums, but i wanted to get some advice from the people here before i take it to my local renault dealership and get stiffed for a few hundred quid if i dont have to...

Firstly, id like to start with my main problem, a starter one, and from what i can see on here seems to be a pretty common one. I drive a 2002(52 reg) renault megane(new shape) hatchback. When i press the starter button on my dash, it will turn over and then die, sometimes it starts, but then after a few seconds the revs dont seem to stay high enough to keep the engine ticking over, it alternates between these 2, only once have i ever had to wait for it to start but it did after 10 seconds or so, i saw something about a crank timer fixing this problem on here but i wasnt sure if it would work for my car as it wasnt the same model. If anyone could shed some light on this i would be very grateful.

Secondly, my rear washer does not spray water, when i go to use the rear one, i get fluid coming out of my front one, and when i use the front one, fluid still comes out the front one! Im a little confused as to why it would do that, i read on this forum that it could of been the polaritys being swapped but when it does the front for both, im sure it cant be that.

Thirdly, which is a minor one, but i would like a quick answer to this one if none of the others is, which ipod connecter cable would i need if i have the 6 cd interchanger in my megane?

Any replys to this would be very helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys! Ill check in here later.
Currently in YorkshireMike's garage:
2002 Megane 1.4 16V
  5 Lastest Threads by YorkshireMike
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Few problems! Electronics YorkshireMike 5 1029 19th October 2007 08:23 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome