Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #191 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
This thread has been an interesting read - but also very worrying. Glad you weren't driving when this "incident" happened.

My only not rest on your laurels when dealing with RUK, keep putting pressure onto them, and take the lead in any communications. They do not like responding back to phone calls or like committing anything down in writing (in my case, even after persistently requesting this).

Even after completing an "investigation", RUK may attempt various tactics to park-blame with you - be warned they may say poor or lack of maintenance was the course (which means a Recall is not necessary) - and then push this as the owner's responsibility and liability. Yep strange, but true in the case of the Bonnet releases issue!

Don't also expect any clear or efficient communications within their dealership network. Doesn't seem to exist properly, some dealers are aware of issues affecting Renault vehicles, others report that they never know anything about reported issues.

Regarding Recalls, it took over a year for Renault to issue a notification recall to Renault Clio Mark-2 owners - so this is a painfully slow exercise - and during this time other "incidents" continue to happen. Talk about prevention rather than cure? Oh, and the directive is down to VOSA to drive a recall, although it's the manufactures responsibility to act (decide) upon any recall request!

The system seems to work against us in some ways!

Do keep us posted!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 19th October 2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Slight update!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome