Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Interiors - Megane dynamique trim seat wear

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Roymegane
I have a 2004 Megane Sports Tourer with dynamique seat trim, UK Renault dealer supplied. The drivers seat is wearing badly after only 9000 miles and less than two years old. I have never had this problem on previously owned cars. I suspect a quality/durability problem but the dealer, supported by Renault UK, refuses to address the problem under warranty and claim "far wear and tear". I am on the point of replacing the seat and recovering the cost from the dealer through the small claims court ref "not of a quality a reasonableperson would expect".
Does anybody else out there have this seat wear problem?
How easy is it to change seats ref air bag sensors/connections?
Thanks, RoyMegane
YES I do have the same problem with my renault gegane (1997). I'm a textile designer and it looks to me as if the warp threads are much weaker than the weft hence strain in one direction causes them to break. It is only the horizontal seams which have ripped on my seats, how about you? If this is so it is undoubtedly a fault and also I too have NEVER had this problem with any other car I've owned. I don't know what to do about it and am very frustrated as I want to sell the car anyway soon. I don't know if my case will be evan harder to prove than yours as I bought mine second-hand from a dealer but ultimately if it is a manufacturing fault then Renault should admit it and replace the seats. Incidentally my husband has seen another megane of about the same age with the same problem. If we could trace as many others with the same fabric it would help our case. Where do we go from here...any ideas?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome