Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Car wont do anything alarm problems NEED HELP

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Car wont do anything alarm problems NEED HELP

Basically I have a Megane convertable and it has an alarm. And the alarm wont let me do anything. My car is on my driveway with it's hood half way down and it might rain tonight. I put my key in it makes noises and wont respond to anything i do and right now i just want to roof fully down.

In the manual it's telling me to turn ignition on 3 times within 7 seconds and the light will blink for 3 seconds. I tried this and it does this. The next instruction gives me a code e.g. 8428, It then says turn the ignition on and leave it on untill the light has blinked 8 times, turn off then turn on then blink for 2 blinks, then same for the rest of the code. I tried this twice exactly how it asks in the manual and it hasn't worked. Its not my car its my mums car and she refuses to pay 80 pounds for the AA to come out. Can anyone give me any help quickly? thanks. Or if anyone can give me very very simple and exact instructions for me to follow because i may be missing something potentially obviouse Thanks.
  5 Lastest Threads by needhelpquick
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Car wont do anything alarm problems NEED HELP Electronics ottoman 1 739 20th October 2007 07:58 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome