Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - '97 Scenic Megane Imobilliser locked

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool '97 Scenic Megane Imobilliser locked

'97 Megane Scenic 1.6e

I wonder if anyone knows a quick cure for this annoying problem. Once in a while our Megane imobilliser freezes. The keys push-buttons stop working and the only to get into the car is to use the key in door. Even when inside, the light continues to flash on the dashboard and the keys buttons just won't work. One time, it just started working again on its own. A few weeks ago, I disconnected the battery for 2hrs and that worked in resetting it.

But for the last couple of days, it won't respond at all. I have removed the battery lead a few times in the hope it'll reset the ECU . I have cleaned and checked as many plugs as I can find. I have dismantled the interior sensor and checked its all clean and dry. I am now at a loss and our local Renualt dealer doesn't even posess a recovery vehicle.

So, I am left with a 3/4 tonne french 'paperweight'!

Any suggestions?
(except petrol and a match, I had thought of that one already! )

EDIT: In case it makes any difference, the car has the 'plip' type infra-red keys. I have replaced batteries not long ago. It seems like when this fault appears, both of our keys don't work. When the problem mysteriously resolves itself, both keys work again!. So, I'd be sceptical if it needs new keys.

Oh, also if anyone knows how to simply bypass the imobilliser forever then that would the best solution. If anyone then steals the car, good luck to them, they are welcome to it!

Last edited by mikenco; 9th February 2006 at 11:58 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by mikenco
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
'97 Scenic Megane Imobilliser locked Electronics mikenco 1 975 9th February 2006 11:09 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome