Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1999 Laguna N/S sill

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Ive thought about using the self tapper mode but If my memory severs me I think I tried it years ago to pull a dent out in a rear panel on a old Hillman Avenger!!. The rear panel of that was shaped like a "v" not to dissimilar to a sill in some respects. As I remember the self tappers where just not strong enough and either broke or just ripped through the metal. Ive thought about removing the rear wheel drilling a inch diameter hole in the rear arch at the bottom to gain access to the sill and then inserting a length of 1/2 pipe into the still. when its far enough in (up to the centre pillar) i could cut a window in the still place a chain or other object around the pipe and then attempt to pull on the pipe, hopefully this might put out the crease !!!. Its worth looking into seeing if I could find suitable sill skirts that would fit and that would not look like a pimped up chav mobile!!. Vectra ones look like they may fit, maybe a visit to the scrap yard tomorrow and see if any of them look ok
Attached Images
Currently in carl66's garage:
Renault Scenic & Daihatsu Grand Move & vespa Douglas 1981
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome