Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #119 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi All,

It's a great relief to hear that other VS clonk at the back. The noise has been driving me nuts for months, and my dealer can't trace it - exactly as you describe, Jameseyboy.

If it's common enough to crop up here, perhaps Renault France may know the cause?

I can't stand unexplained clonks and bangs, so I'll keep investigating. If I get to the bottom of it, I'll report back.

While I'm on, does anyone have experience of the central locking playing up on a single door? The rear n/s has taken to refusing to unlock and can only be opened by pulling the interior door handle. Once open, it will then refuse to lock for a day or two. My dealer says it needs a new "latch" at 214.80!!!. I suspect all it needs is a well-aimed squirt of WD40. Any advice on the mechanism and how to get the door cards off would be appreciated.

Otherwise, the MOT and 45k service required only routine work. The car remains a comfortable and reliable mile-eater, and a superb towcar. We did Bantry-Belfast (312 miles) a week or two back, 3-up with a 1400kg caravan on the back in under 7 relaxed hours at 29mpg. And the clonk goes away when laden.

Currently in Cairndale's garage:
2003 Vel Satis 3.0dci Privilege, 2005 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3 Elegance, 1950 Daimler Empress
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome