Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Misfiring

Thread: Misfiring
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 26th September 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Misfiring

Well Well Well... I wouldn't have foreseen this.

When we stripped the engine down, I found it easier to remove the inlet manifold & sling it to one side with the fuel pipe still attached rather than remove the injector rail thus freeing up the fuel pipe for removal, It turns out that when the inlet manifold was being moved around it had been twisted which in turn kinked the fuel pipe, I noticed the kink when I went to replace the cam pulley (As mentioned earlier it had a damaged 'key').
The good news is that now the Engine runs a whole lot smoother but still a little rough but at least it revved up properly now.

Up to this point I had removed all the new items I had previously fitted thinking they were not required since none of them cure the fault. However, I replaced the coil pack again which improved the running, I also replaced the plugs, which again seemed to help. So in total this car has had multiple issues and clearly hasn't been looked after by the previous owners.

Head Gasket, Cam Pulley, Coil pack, Leads & Plugs were all in need of replacement. I've also fitted a new oil filter & new oil just for good measure. I bet this car is breathing a sigh of relief after years of abuse & being made to limp along. I doubt it's ran as well for years!
Currently in Lardy's garage:
Clio mk2 1149cc X-Reg
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome