Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I Do Not Believe It.

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan Croves View Post
they cars became to reliable and they profits dropped and they dealerships started to complain, (I don't recall Renault - or any French car for that matter, ever winning customer satisfaction surveys)

the most basic of jobs seem to require you to (refer to your local dealer) or (you will require Renault tool so and so) plus you have to strip half the car before you start on the smallest of jobs.
(What car manufacturer doesn't? As soon as ECU's became fitted - the days of roadside maintenance with the socket set became a thing of the past)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blindly defending the brand - nor am I trivialising your experience with your car (my first reply was intended as tongue in cheek). But in all honesty, built-in obsolescence has been around for many decades - it used to be corrosion which would scrap a car, nowadays, its failure & replacement of expensive electronics which is most likely to sentence a car to the grave.

All cars have problems, coil pack issues are not limited to Renaults (for example), but if you read all the postings on owner websites - you would quickly adopt a very jaded view of all things Renault (or whatever brand you care to name).

If anything, the manufacturer's recognition that quality has to be improved should be given some positive reaction, rather than simply lambasted.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome