Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Interiors - Megane dynamique trim seat wear

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Roymegane
I have a 2004 Megane Sports Tourer with dynamique seat trim, UK Renault dealer supplied. The drivers seat is wearing badly after only 9000 miles and less than two years old. I have never had this problem on previously owned cars. I suspect a quality/durability problem but the dealer, supported by Renault UK, refuses to address the problem under warranty and claim "far wear and tear". I am on the point of replacing the seat and recovering the cost from the dealer through the small claims court ref "not of a quality a reasonableperson would expect".
Does anybody else out there have this seat wear problem?
How easy is it to change seats ref air bag sensors/connections?
Thanks, RoyMegane
I have an 04 Renault Clio 1.6 16 valve with worn carpet drivers side, down by the gearbox. Took it to Renault dealer who say its wear and tear. Wasnt happy went to Renault UK who said get a 2nd opinion. Went to another Renault dealer who says that
carpet shouldnt have worn like it did and that its a bit on the thin side. When reported back to Renault UK they didnt want to know claiming its wear and tear and thats it.

Anyway contacted the "SMMT NEW CAR CODE CONCILIATION SERVICE" they wrote back to me saying that they would contact Renault UK as I had a case. Renault UK rang me yesterday to offer me 50% of the repair bill. Well its better than nothing but
these warranties are crap. One dealer said for new carpet cost would be 450 all in and the other dealer said 350 so ive got to stump up half the cost. Its like banging your head against brick wall but contact SMMT and they will take up your complaint.

Currently in nessie460's garage:
renault clio 1.6 16 valve
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome