Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Discussion Paper - Road Fund & Driver/vehicle Id Cards

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Discussion Paper - Road Fund & Driver/vehicle Id Cards

I'll apologise in advance for the length of the attached document, but would appreciate feedback from those who take the trouble to read it.

The premise is twofold:

1. To offer an alternative solution to the Government's current thinking on ecology and a carrot & stick approach to Road Fund charges based on vehicle emissions. This would provide a much more equitable method of charging drivers for their use of roads infrastructure based not just on CO2 emissions, but on vehicle fuel consumption AND miles travelled.
E.g. A small car with low emissions, av. 40 mpg doing 40k miles p.a. could be more polluting than a large V8 with high emissions, av. 16 mpg doing only 6k miles p.a.

2. A Driver and Vehicle ID Smart Card to combine Driver Licence, Vehicle registration, Vehicle Insurance and MOT data, which would also be used to control access to fuel through the use of fuel-pump card readers. Objective is to restrict access to fuel to those who don't have valid licence, insurance, vehicle ownership etc.

Sorry it's all a bit serious, but I think it's important to ensure that we don't get hit by blanket solutions, and frankly, the number of idiots driving without insurance etc p***es me off!

Please read the attachment and comment back.

I checked with Selwonk first before publishing this as I didn't want to upset anyone, and he was happy for me to publish.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ROAD FUND SOLUTION FOR ECOLOGY SUPPORT.pdf (92.1 KB, 95 views)
Currently in SykeStudiO's garage:
Renault Avantime Privilege V6 Auto -- Jaguar XJR V8 S/charged -- Honda Civic Type-R -- Honda Beat

Last edited by SykeStudiO; 9th February 2006 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Omission
  5 Lastest Threads by SykeStudiO
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Lag In Auto Express Cars & motoring SykeStudiO 2 1028 14th June 2006 11:16 AM
BEST Car You've Ever Driven General Chat Paul_Taylor 46 5068 29th May 2006 04:55 PM
Renault Safety Tests Cars & motoring SykeStudiO 2 1199 18th April 2006 04:34 PM
Auto Box - Avantime Engines SykeStudiO 8 1710 20th March 2006 03:35 PM
Avantime Design Concept Cars & motoring 3 1186 14th March 2006 03:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome