Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dead dashboard

Thread: Dead dashboard
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2007
peanut chomper
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Guys just to say
I took my clocks out to see if there were any loose connections but i was a waste of time.
i drive a Y plate MK2 phase 1 laguna so 400 clocks for a 2500 car is a NO GO you`ll get a set if you keep plugging away , try all the sources , like the scrappy , phone round. Most will have a laguna in, its just a matter of looking hard enough, (mine went on the friday and the replacements went in sunday morning...i was lucky...but you can be too!!)

As for replacing them i`ll try to tell you how below
Start by disconnecting the battery..make sure you have the RADIO CODE first !!!!!!!

-----at very least remove card key------------

1/ move the steering wheel as far back and as far down as it will go
2/ remove square ish grey piece to right of steering column (about 3 inch by 2 inch )...may not be same on your model ..if not it will probably have buttons or dials on it...mine is dynamique
3/ pull down on the black pod tube/tunnel just above where the grey piece was.....a gap should
appear at the top of the pod tub/tunnel then get your fingers in the gap and pull down and out along the top edge of the tube...
it should pop out ..this reveals the clocks
4/to the bottom centre of the clocks is a torx head screw ( T10 i think)...dont mess trying to undo it with anything other than a torx key....get a set for about 4
5/ once the screw is out (take care not to drop it behind the dash) the clocks now hang by two hinge like posts to the upper left and right
6/ pop the posts out towards you
7/ then carefully undo the 2 wiring blocks...they work on a lever thingy and you need to flip the lever rather than just pulling them out...... and the clocks are out

As you can tell i`m no mechanic but i did this in about 10 minutes...honest to god its a piece of p**s
By the way , anything goes wrong don`t come crying!! -----thats why you pay the nice garage man
Currently in peanut chomper's garage:
lag 2 1.6 dyn

Last edited by peanut chomper; 22nd October 2007 at 09:36 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome