Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Xenon

Thread: Xenon
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Xenon headlamp cleaning

interesting -our laguna does not come with headlamp cleaning but does come with Xenon which we have to use all the time day or night in Czech republic, dipped of course during the day car is 2007 laguna 11 -comes with auto leval for lights. does not help of course,wonder what eu rules are ?
I have checked futher into this my Lagunna has headlamp washers but they are protected to avoid freezing in winter somthing to do with the -15 C temps often occuring in CZ during the spring months.
i checked the eu rules on the eu sites you are required to have self leval and headlamp cleaning system due to risk of beam divergence if the headlamp is dirty and dazzle risk because of the dirt,they even stipulate they need to work at - and upto a certain speed etc.
fitting these without the two systems would be illegal in the EU and the system would appear to require eu stamps so would be become illegal in the UK because without the EU stamps they would fall foul of UK law. UK law can be overidden by EU law hence the marking of the lights with EU notices. the rules indicate type,dip percentage left hand or right hand drive or adjustible to either.
Currently in snewby's garage:
2010 Grand scenic 1.5

Last edited by snewby; 25th October 2007 at 06:26 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome