Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #808 of (permalink) Old 22nd October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hiya gang

sorry i haven't been around for a while. glad to see my photo is still being used for reference. (the silver bonnet close-up with the grubby catch!)

when all this kicked off in earnest and renault first verbally said that they had memo'd all their dealers to give free checks, i marched into one and demanded just that. they had absolutely no idea what i was talking about but after much yelling they took a look and signed a piece of paper saying it was fine.

have done the wd40 thing before long journeys ever since.

however, I have NEVER received any letter or communication or addendum to the handbook or patronising sticker for my visor. NOTHING. no offer of a proper check or replace. nothing.

what do i do? just wait?

btw, have signed the petitions. am going to nag those i know to sign the VOSA one. it really is shameful.

keep up the good work, everyone. let's especially keep it at the forefront of watchdog's mind, as they seem to be the only people that can get any answers at all (no matter how incoherent/ illogical) out of Renault.

but as for VOSA. it's disgusting, it really is. who do they think they work for?!
Currently in em6's garage:
03 Clio 1.6 (Expression?) Petrol Manual
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome