Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Is this a fuse?

Thread: Is this a fuse?
View Single Post
post #56 of (permalink) Old 23rd October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi any luck solving this?

Summer is over and I have to fix mine this winter, not one moore winter scraping the windows on the inside while driving... I have gotten a bit further but im not there yet.

1 There is a relay before the the heater motor, it is in my car placed behind passanger airbag (thin long arms and some voilence might reach it with out taking out the airbag, not recomended)

2 I messured voltage supply to the releay OK 12 V but when the relay is active and supply goes through the motor it drops to approx 1 v wich would indicate the motor is broken (my only new retail bought pice ... >300)

3 measured signal cables to the motor and it varies when incr/decr blower speed from the control panel as one would expect. indicating that my secondhand control panel is working.

4 Sadly I tested to change motor first toghter with my old broken control panel.. there was a burnt component think its somekinda of over heating prot.

So now I thinking of getting a new motor again

And as stated in others prev posts I will not go to the "local stealer" im going to fix this and then sell the car (gas prices is going up and up here in sweden, got a second car Volvo V50 bifuel etanol or gas) very satisfied with that)

So finally my question again...
any soloution or ideas... besides spening 300 on a new motor, with risk of finding that its not the problem or maybe even break that one to(?..)
Currently in hw's garage:
Renault Laguna rxe 2.0
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome