Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Experience : Air Con

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th August 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace Experience : Air Con

My air con stopped working three, weeks ago : now, I'm off to France (south) for my Hols, and one of the reasons I bought the espace was the fact it had air con.

So Down to the dealers I go (all warrenty work) and I presume a re-gas is what I need.

Infact a pipe (aluminum) has burst, and a replacement takes 1 week to arrive (bit long for a current model car),

So a new pipe is put in but apprently my other pipes still have pin hole gaps, these are sealed. As they are gasing the car with the dyed gas, the compressor values shoots out and cover the engine bay with the dye, now making it very difficult to find any more leaks, so a new valve is ordered (this stangley only takes 1 day), I take it in and then get a call to collect the car (friday afternoon) - im on hols on Sunday.

On the way home I'm pateintly waiting for the air con to kick in, but nothing happens (you can safely say im slightly cheesed off). So I call the garage and explain, they try the "so when are you back off holiday" route, but I'm quite firm that they should see the car for Saturday Morning......

So on saturday at 7:55am im crawling out of bed to take my espace down to the garage again. The service guy hasn't been told by the lady who took my call that I was to come back on Saturday, and he looks none to pleased that I'm here. However I get my third complimentary car while they have it in. The've only got till dinner (12am) to fix it as its a saturday.

I get a call at 11:45am, the car is fixed... they steam cleaned the engine bay to clear the dye and now have found that the compressor valve they refitted is leaking (hmmmmm not to impressed on this), they also fixed a Exhaust heat shield problem which they say is common on the Espace (caused vibrations in the chassie at low revs).

So im off to collect it soon, Hope it works

5 Lastest Threads by StevenHUK
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace Experience : Air Con Cars & motoring 2 1588 6th August 2005 11:01 AM
Help ! Cars & motoring StevenHUK 6 2247 29th July 2005 10:39 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome