Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo Diesel starting and infotech

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Kangoo Diesel starting and infotech

Hi, I'm still having problems starting my 1999T 1.9D kangoo van, which I have a strong inkling is the stop valve solenoid refusing to open on most occasions. Whether it is immobiliser related, the valve or solenoid itsself, ecu or whatever, I have no clue, and throw myself open to any expertise in the forum. I was considering also getting into Renaults Infotech website, 30 per hour for a wiring diagram and troubleshooting advice, and wondered if any of you had any experience of the site. would I even find what I was looking for in an hour! ?
If anyone has any clues, the symptoms are it may start randomly, and reluctantly in the morning, when very cold. Once started, it will stop start all day no probs. Next day, zero. Might be 4 or 5 days before it will go again,and its always after I have had a look about for a fault. I can say it's not the heater plugs, priming pump, air in the system or battery. (truth is I sold this van to a friend in October, and it ran fine for 6 weeks, then developed reluctant starting which has progressively got worse. He spent 600 on new pipes, injector servicing, pump testing, priming pump, heater plugs etc. He accused me of stitching him up, we had a row, and I bought it back!) Not my fault if he took it to an independant incompetant is it? Any help would be most grateful. thanks
  5 Lastest Threads by mikejharvey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo Diesel starting and infotech Electronics mikejharvey 6 4484 9th February 2006 10:23 PM
Kangoo Diesel Starting Engines michael11 8 3048 19th December 2005 07:30 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome